March 27, 2022
How to get the most out of your skin resurfacing
Skin Resurfacing is a hyper-beneficial treatment and it can cover and address a lot of skin conditions and problems. It can easily fix and treat facial lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and discoloration, acne and surgical scars, skin sagging and enlarged pores. While it is readily effective in addressing these unwanted and unpleasant skin conditions, there are necessary steps that must be accomplished in order to make the most out of the treatment. Preparing for it is one and maintaining it with post care is another. We gathered all the essential pre-treatment and post-treatment tips to get the most out of your next Skin Resurfacing treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for 3 weeks prior to your appointment as they may aggravate your skin condition, making it difficult to address quickly and effectively with Skin Resurfacing
- Avoid skin treatments such as microdermabrasion and other peeling treatments for at least 3 weeks before your appointment. This also includes laser treatments since they might not be compatible with Skin Resurfacing.
- Make sure you are free from medications that may cause complications during your treatment. This includes aspirins and other anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Consult your doctor or expert for further tips and advice since they can properly recommend pre-treatment directions.
- Just like in your pre-treatment, you are to avoid sun exposure and tanning beds until your treated area is well-off and back to normal. Otherwise, it may result in a failed treatment or worse, agitate your skin.
- If sun exposure is unavoidable, make sure you apply sunscreen lotions and use proper clothing to cover your treated area.
- Wearing makeup is discouraged for the first 2 weeks of the treatment since it may complicate your treated area.
- Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks or until your skin returns to its normal condition.
- Follow up with your doctor or technician for further touch up and suggestions.