February 24, 2022
How to Prepare for a Photofacial
Photofacial, utilizing pulses of light to perform skin treatment, is a popular treatment known to prevent anti-aging and even reverse age-related skin conditions. It is also known to treat damaged skin especially those damage coming from sun exposure. However, it is not only used to treat skin conditions since it has the ability to make the skin healthy and refined by boosting collagen production and tightening the skin. Because of these benefits, a lot of people seek this treatment to address the imperfections on their skin.
However, Photofacial although noninvasive, is a delicate treatment that requires certain preparations and arrangements. This is to ensure that the Photofacial will not only be successful in procuring the best aesthetic results but also to ensure that the patient’s skin will not be subject to harm and discomfort. Here are some tips for you to take note before your Photofacial appointment:
- Avoid wearing makeup and other skin products before the treatment as it may affect the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid smoking before your Photofacial session since smoking can prolong the recovery and natural healing of the skin after the treatment. It is recommended that smoking should be completely avoided six to eight weeks before the appointment.
- Avoid applying or taking any retinol products that will cause irritation and sensitivity on the skin.
- Avoid taking antibiotics if the doctor or physician advises so.
- Avoid tanning or exposing yourself to the sun as it can encourage production of melatonin which interferes with the treatment’s effectiveness.
- Use a moisturizer with at least 30 SPF in order to aid your skin from sun damage and don’t forget to use long clothing and hats to protect your skin.
- Drink plenty of water before the treatment as well as after the treatment to ensure hydration of the skin and prevent or minimize swelling or discomfort.